Author: Valia Lind
Links: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble
A weapon. A broken life. A humanity lost.
That is all Anastasia knows, that is all that she is. As an eleven-year-old, she witnessed her family's brutal murder and she's been on the run ever since. She's spent her life training and planning for the day when she can take her revenge.
Kallos Enterprises is a well respected corporation, set on improving the genetic structure of an individual. Or so they say. Anastasia knows, first hand, what kind of monsters lurk behind the pretty walls of those skyscrapers. Armed with combat skills and a beyond perfect memory, she heads to Chicago to uncover the answers to questions that plagued her for years.
After arriving in the city, she meets Logan, a boy from her past who changes all the rules. She doesn't remember him, but he remembers her. His position at Kallos Enterprises is useful, his presence is unnerving, and he makes her question everything she knows about herself to be true. If her perfect memory can't remember Logan, what else about her past is wrong?
Time is running out. Anastasia has nowhere to turn, but to trust the one person who's a memory she should have, but doesn't. With a madman threatening their every step, Anastasia and Logan must uncover the truths behind Kallos experiments and hope that the answers they find won't destroy the world forever.
- The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel - loved this book so much. It had just the right amount of tension to keep my hooked. The writing is great and I cannot wait to see what happens next.
- The World Without a Future by Nazarea Andrews - this is book one in probably my top zombie series. Every book exciting and fast paced and the writing is awesome. It’s like watching a TV show in your head.
- Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott - This book really hit the spot for me. It had the adventure aspect, coupled with awesome writing and frustrating characters. That’s what makes for a great read, right?
- Reboot by Amy Tintera - I’m definitely a huge fan of Ms Tintera’s writing. I read this book in one sitting because I just had to know what happened next. The characters were dynamic and the story was unique.
- Midnight City by J. Barton Mitchell - this book is the beginning of the Conquered Earth trilogy and what an awesome read it is. It’s full of thrills and battles, bringing the world to life in a splash of color.
Any books stuck out in your brain this year?
Author. Photographer. Artist. Born and raised in St. Petersburg, Russia, Valia Lind always had a love for the written word. She wrote her first full book on the bathroom floor of her dormitory, while procrastinating to study for her college classes. Upon graduation, she has moved her writing to more respectable places, and have found her voice in Young Adult fiction. Falling by Design is her debut young adult novel. You can visit her online at www.valialind.blogspot.com or follow her on twitter, where she spends way too much time, @ValiaLind.